Diamond Dolls Artist’s Book 2021
“Diamond Dolls is a stunning anthology of drawings, built up from discarded Savile Row brown tailoring patterns. Hormazd elevates these hollow outlined figures into ceremonious beauty and magic.” - Russell Tovey
Out of stockSorry, this item is not currently available to order
Diamond Dolls is a sumptuous artist’s book that originates from a sequence of Hormazd Narielwalla’s highly distinctive paper collages. Thirty six images carry a running motif of Bowie’s ‘Ziggy Stardust’ persona, each of which is defined by elaborate, decorative costuming. Cipher-like, the figures reference the Japanese gender-fluid traditions of kabuki and onnagata, which influenced Bowie in his approach to challenging conventions about sexuality.
300 edition of an artist’s book in three acts, signed and numbered, with eight special page features
3 booklets featuring 36 artworks
Introduction by John O’Connell
50 copies available from Heal’s
C0-Published by EMH Arts London and Concentric Editions
Read more Read less
|Open Width (Flat)||226.8cm|
|Open Width (Concertina)||165cm|
Materials & Information
Paper material: Printed on high quality paper
Closed orientation: Portrait
Open orientation: Portrait
About Your Delivery
A Heal’s Parcel delivery
What happens when I order?
- If your order's in stock, we'll pick and pack it within a day or so.
- If it's on order, we'll inform you as soon as it arrives from our supplier.
- Deliveries normally take 1-2 working days to reach you once they've left our warehouse.
- Click and collect is also available in our stores on all parcel items.
- All online parcel orders can be returned within 14 days of delivery, regardless of reason.
- Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your return.
- All orders can be returned to any of our stores.
Still have questions?
For questions on our delivery service or if you have any special requirements such as narrow access feel free to contact us.
Live Chat - Available