Returns and Exchanges
We hope you are happy with your purchase from Heal’s, but should you wish to return an item* either because of a change of mind or due to an issue with the product we will try and make the returns process as easy as possible for you.
Please note * Terms & Conditions below apply to online orders only. For orders placed in-store, please refer to the paperwork provided with your order. Further information can be found here.
Some restrictions apply - we are unable to offer a refund or exchange on mattresses or bedding unless products are unopened in their original packaging and on food items.
Change of mind
- Please ensure your return is sent back in the original packaging and condition it was sent otherwise regretfully your return will not be accepted
- Purchases must be returned within 14 days of you receiving the item.
- For Furniture items, please contact the Customer Service Team and they will arrange to collect the furniture from you. A collection charge of £99.00 will apply to all furniture returns
- For Specialist delivery items, please contact the Customer Service Team and they will arrange a collection from you. A collection charge of £25.00 will apply
- For Parcel items please return your order completing all necessary details requested on the returns form. Parcel Items can be returned in the follow ways
We will normally refund an item within 7 days of receipt into our Distribution Centre.
If the item has not been returned in fully saleable condition, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item, or to deduct up to 50% of the original selling price from the refund amount.
- Return to any Heal’s store for free - a list of our stores can be found here on our website.
- Take your return parcel to any DPD Dropoff shop - please head to Heal’s DPD returns where you can print off your returns label. Please note £8.95 will be deducted from your refund.
- Return by a postal service of your choice at your cost. Please post to: Heal’s (1810) Limited, Unit 1D, Blackrod Interchange Industrial Estate, Station Rd, Blackrod, Bolton BL6 5JE. For your own reassurance we advise you to obtain proof of delivery.
- For any non-furniture item you may return it by bringing it into any of our stores.
- Please make sure to provide your proof of purchase – this includes the order details you received with the item or your order confirmation email.
- Our team will then process your refund within 7 working days of receiving the item(s).
- Furniture items cannot be returned to stores.
Faulty / Damaged items
We make every effort to select and sell products of the highest quality and to deliver them to you in perfect condition.
We recommend that you check your order as soon as it is delivered as this helps to avoid any doubt for items damaged in transit. For furniture deliveries we will ask you to sign a form confirming that the item was received in good condition.
If your item does prove to be faulty or damaged or you feel it does not match the specifications laid out on our Website you have 30 days in which to alert us.
Please do so by contacting our Customer Service team either by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 212 1915
The team will discuss options with you which might include:
- a return and refund
- an exchange
- arranging for a technician to attempt to fix the fault
In the event of a return due to fault or damage caused by Heal’s or our contractors we will refund your order in full including any delivery charges and will pay for the return postage or pick-up.
Cancelling an Order
You may cancel an order at any point prior to delivery. If we have not already despatched the order you will be refunded in full. If, however, we have already despatched the order you will not be refunded for the delivery charge and will be responsible for any return postage.
We reserve the right to cancel your order if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area;
- The manufacturer has discontinued the goods.
- Your order contains a product identified as having a pricing or product description error
While we offer delivery for parcel items across mainland Europe and the rest of the world, we are unable to coordinate item returns. It is the customer’s responsibility to organise international returns including payment for any delivery charges incurred.
To receive a Returns Authorisation Number (RAN) and arrange your return, contact our customer services team on 03332121915.
Heal's Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Compliance
As part of Heal's continued commitment to recycling and protecting the environment, Heal's has joined the Distributor Take Back Scheme (DTS). The DTS is a Government initiative designed to minimise the disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) to landfill and to achieve high levels of collection of WEEE for environmentally sound treatment.
Heal's WEEE Compliance
For more information about the Distributor Take Back Scheme (DTS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), as well as to find your local collection points please go to www.recycle-more.co.uk.
UK WEEE Regulations - The Distributor Take Back Scheme. The UK Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations (referred to hereafter as "the WEEE Regulations") define a "distributor" to mean "any person who provides electrical or electronic equipment on a commercial basis to the party who is going to use it", and the "distributor take back scheme" ("DTS") to mean "a distributor take back scheme approved by the Secretary of State under regulation 54".
The WEEE Regulations implement the majority of the provisions of the European Parliament and Council Directive on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (2002/96/EC) ("the WEEE Directive") and the subsequent European Parliament and Council Directive 2003/108/EC that amended the WEEE Directive.
- The requirement on each Member State under Article 2 of the Directive to minimise the disposal of WEEE as unsorted municipal waste and to achieve a high level of collection of WEEE for treatment, recovery and environmentally sound disposal.
- The collection and take back systems available to them.
- Their role in contributing to the reuse, recycling and other forms of recovery of WEEE under these Regulations.
- The potential effects on the environment and human health as a result of the presence of hazardous substances in EEE.
- The meaning of the crossed out wheeled bin symbol.
Regulation 35 of the WEEE Regulations states that "Where a distributor is a member of a distributor take back scheme, he shall be exempt from complying with the requirements of regulation 31 and 34(1) for the period during which his membership of that scheme subsists."
All members of the DTS are therefore exempt from the requirement to "ensure that WEEE from private households can be returned to him free of charge and on a one-to-one basis" (regulation 31) or "maintain records of the number of units of WEEE from private households returned to him under that regulation" (Regulation 34(1).
As stated in the UK Government Guidance Notes paragraphs 83 and 84, "The DTS will develop a network of Designated Collection Facilities (DCF) to provide distributors with an alternative to in-store take-back of WEEE. The Distributor Take-back Scheme will be funded by the distributor community".
"The Secretary of State, in consultation with Ministers in Devolved Administrations, has appointed Valpak Retail WEEE Services through a competitive tender process to operate the Distributor Take-back Scheme for the first three compliance periods".
Membership of the DTS is dependant on each retailer applying to join making a financial contribution toward the improvement of the UK's network of WEEE collection facilities. These facilities are predominantly based a Local Authority Civic Amenity sites.