Eames DAX Chair
The Eames Plastic Chairs are renewed versions of the legendary Fiberglass Chair. As the very first industrially produced plastic chair, it was originally developed by the Eameses in collaboration with Zenith Plastics for the 'Low-Cost Furniture Design' competition organised by the Museum of Modern Art.
In the current versions made of polypropylene, these chairs provide even greater comfort, and make a wonderful addition to any home or workspace – whether it’s for use in the lounge, dining room, or office.
Based on the original 1950 design by Charles and Ray Eames
Iconic mid-century style available in multiple combinations
Modern construction made from environmentally friendly materials
The organic seat, or “shell” as it’s often referred to, has a curvaceous, organic form that allows for a comfortable sit while still providing firm posture support.
Curvaceous, organic form of the seat allows for a comfortable sit whilst providing firm support.
Four-legged tubular steel base creates a sturdy base to the chair.
Available in a range of contemporary colours
Materials & Information
Seat shell: Dyed-through polypropylene.
Base: Four-legged tubular steel base, powder-coated in basic dark. The powder-coated version is suitable for outdoor use.
About Your Delivery
A Heal’s Specialist delivery
What happens when I order?
- If your items are in stock we'll contact you within a couple of days to offer a suitable date.
- If they're made to order, we'll contact you as soon as our suppliers have delivered into us.
- Deliveries are Mon-Fri but Saturday slots can often be arranged for most of the country.
- All online specialist orders can be returned within 14 days of delivery, regardless of reason.
- Contact us and we will arrange for a crew to come out and collect the furniture.
- There's no charge if it's faulty, but we do charge for change-of-mind returns.
Still have questions?
For questions on our delivery service or if you have any special requirements such as narrow access feel free to contact us.
Designed By Charles & Ray Eames
In a career that spanned over forty years, husband and wife duo Charles and Ray Eames developed countless ground-breaking pieces of furniture. Cementing their names as figureheads of America’s Mid-century Modern movement, the couple produced a prolific range of designs including the Eames Lounge Chair (1956), DSW Chair (1950) and Eames House (1949) all of which are still to this day heralded for their innovative use of new materials.