Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman Santos Palisander & Black Leather in New Dimensions
Need more? Additional stock arriving in 1 - 3 weeks, order now.
Pay in 12 instalments of £714.17 with interest free credit.
Designed by husband and wife duo Charles and Ray Eames in 1956, the Santos Palisander Eames Lounge Chair with black leather upholstery is one of the most iconic designs of the 20th Century.
Personifying mid-century design, this ‘updated version of the old English club chair’ set a benchmark in the history of furniture manufacturing. Accompanied by a coordinating ottoman, this edition combines Vitra’s premium cowhide leather in black with a Santos Palisander wood shell.
Over the last 60 years, the average height has increased by nearly 10cm. In 2010, Vitra introduced this scaled-up Eames Lounger, meaning everyone can experience the same comfort the Eameses originally intended.
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames in 1956
- Upholstered in smooth cowhide leather
- Boasts a Santos Palisander wood shell
- Features taller proportions to suit the modern form
- Shock mounts to ensure the ultimate luxury comfort
- For more mid-century style ideas, read our Mid-Century Modern Style guide
Soft as a glove: luxurious comfort with the highest-quality leather upholstery.
Back braces and base are die cast aluminium.
7 ply woods create the soft shell veneer.
|Depth||85 - 92cm||56cm|
Materials & Information
|Upholstery||100% Cowhide Leather - 66 Nero Leather|
|Seat & Back Shell||Moulded plywood - Santos Palisander veneer|
|Base||Five-star swivel base in die-cast aluminium with black sides and polished chrome finish|
|Glides||Hard glides for carpet|
About Your Delivery
A Heal’s Furniture delivery
What happens when I order?
- Many of our items are built to order.
- Once you've placed your order we place ours.
- As soon as our suppliers have made it and delivered to us, we contact you directly to offer a suitable delivery date.
- Deliveries are Mon-Fri but Saturday slots can often be arranged for most of the country.
- All online furniture orders can be returned within 14 days of delivery, regardless of reason.
- Contact us and we will arrange for a crew to come out and collect the furniture.
- There's no charge if it's faulty, but we do charge for change-of-mind returns.
Still have questions?
For questions on our delivery service or if you have any special requirements such as limited access feel free to contact us.
Designed By Charles & Ray Eames
In a career that spanned over forty years, husband and wife duo Charles and Ray Eames developed countless ground-breaking pieces of furniture. Cementing their names as figureheads of America’s Mid-century Modern movement, the couple produced a prolific range of designs including the Eames Lounge Chair (1956), DSW Chair (1950) and Eames House (1949) all of which are still to this day heralded for their innovative use of new materials.