Barcelona Relax Chair
Pay in 12 instalments of £538 with interest free credit.
One of the most recognised objects of the last century, and an icon of the modern movement, the Barcelona Chair’s simple elegance and graceful profile epitomise Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's most famous maxim: less is more. From the hand-buffed stainless or chrome frame to the individual leather squares carefully welted together, each Barcelona piece is a tribute to the marriage of modern design and exceptional craftsmanship.
- Originally designed for the Weimar Republic’s Pavilion for the Barcelona Industrial Exposition of 1929.
- Features Mies van der Rohe's signature and Knoll's logo engraved on one leg, to ensure authenticity.
- Available here in the 'relaxed' version, utilising a more elastic upholstery to provide an even higher sitting comfort.
- Also available in other leather colours and finishes. To enquire please contact our in store team, or advice line: 0333 121 1915, Option 1.
The supportive upholstery straps are made using cowhide belting leather, with sides dyed to match.
The forty individual panels are hand-welted, and hand-tufted, cut with the buttons from a single cowhide.
The metal frame is polished chrome, hand-ground and hand-buffed to a mirror finish.
Materials & Information
|Upholstery||Venezia leather in Congac by Spinneybeck, a corrected grain, aniline leather.|
|Filling||Premium quality, fire-retardant and highly resilient urethane foam, with a dacron polyester fibrefill.|
|Platform||Ash hardwood frame with thick cowhide straps.|
|Legs||Tubular steel in polished chrome finish.|
About Your Delivery
A Heal’s Furniture delivery
What happens when I order?
- Many of our items are built to order.
- Once you've placed your order we place ours.
- As soon as our suppliers have made it and delivered to us, we contact you directly to offer a suitable delivery date.
- Deliveries are Mon-Fri but Saturday slots can often be arranged for most of the country.
- All online furniture orders can be returned within 14 days of delivery, regardless of reason.
- Contact us and we will arrange for a crew to come out and collect the furniture.
- There's no charge if it's faulty, but we do charge for change-of-mind returns.
Still have questions?
For questions on our delivery service or if you have any special requirements such as limited access feel free to contact us.