by Fritz Hansen
by Fritz Hansen
An innovative use of plastic moulding, this tear-shaped chair is formed from a pod-like shell that gives a futuristic feel
A visionary design that looks as if it had just landed yesterday, the Fritz Hansen Drop Chair by Arne Jacobsen gives life a forgotten masterpiece. Originally designed in 1958, the Drop chair featured as part of the décor for Jacobsen’s iconic SAS Royal Hotel in Copenhagen. Having produced a limited number for use within the hotel, the design laid dormant for over 50 years until Fritz Hansen re-launched the piece for a new generation.
Read more Read less
Materials & Information
Seat Shell: Moulded plastic
Base: Powdercoated or chromed steel
Ferrules: Black plastic
About Your Delivery
A Heal’s Specialist delivery
What happens when I order?
- If your items are in stock we'll contact you within a couple of days to offer a suitable date.
- If they're made to order, we'll contact you as soon as our suppliers have delivered into us.
- Deliveries are Mon-Fri but Saturday slots can often be arranged for most of the country.
- All online specialist orders can be returned within 14 days of delivery, regardless of reason.
- Contact us and we will arrange for a crew to come out and collect the furniture.
- There's no charge if it's faulty, but we do charge for change-of-mind returns.
Still have questions?
For questions on our delivery service or if you have any special requirements such as narrow access feel free to contact us.
Live Chat - Available
Designed By Arne Jacobson
A true visionary, Arne Jacobsen (1902-1971) is one of the best known designers of the twentieth century. Considered a pioneer working at the pinnacle of modern Danish design, his work continues to be heralded by museums and collectors the world over.